Friday, January 9, 2009

Pastor in gay scandal

Speaking out two years after being embroiled in a gay sex scandal,
former evangelical pastor Ted Haggard said Friday his sexual identity is complex
and can't be put into "stereotypical boxes,"
but that his relationship with his wife is stronger than ever.
Ted Haggard
Ted Haggard

In an interview with The Associated Press, Haggard did not rule out a return to public life or the pulpit. He spoke before he appeared before TV critics in Los Angeles to promote "The Trials of Ted Haggard," an HBO documentary on Haggard's exile after his confession to "sexual immorality" and fall as a top evangelical leader.

"I am guilty. I am responsible,"
Haggard, 52, said Friday in a phone interview.
"I got off track, and I am deeply sorry and I repent ...
I'm moving along in a positive direction."


more...



No comments: